Start Up: Week One: Studio Setup Discussion

Let’s chat about week one here!

4 Likes

Awesome Im excited. Do we ask our questions to sue here?

Am I the only one that can’t see the video for this first week?

I can see it but I had to refresh my screen

I’ve logged in an out and it won’t play. Says embedded code for this video is not allowed. I’ve looked at other videos thinking I had something blocked and the other videos play.

Hi Melissa! It’s better to save your questions for Sue for the Tuesday Live—if you can’t make it, it would be better to ask her in the FB group :grinning:

1 Like

Im still pending in the FB group :frowning:

Looking at stools that adjust Stool-23.4-33 inches - found a cool one. Is that a good range for heights?

We will get to you soon—our team is small but mighty!

2 Likes

So I’ve followed Sue for over 2 years. I’ve finally got to the place where this is gonna happen. Very excited!

2 Likes

Ok. So I have the polyboards from Home Depot. I have searched and searched for inexpensive Vflats. Sue mentions getting her Vflat boards at EVS (?) for $17.95…so that her flat costs approx $40. Did I hear right? Is it EVS? I’ve googled and can’t find it. Is that an acronym for something that I don’t yet understand? LOL. Quite possible.
I’ll be using my insulation boards for the time being but would love to figure out where to source these thinner boards at a reasonable cost.
(Around 11 minute mark of simple backdrops).

1 Like

Can’t wait to follow along here! I’ve had a business for five years while being a teacher and stay-at-home-dad depending on the year. Nikki’s new podcast has given me inspiration to push myself and join the 12 Week push!

5 Likes

Hi Guys. I’ve kind of watched pieces of the previous 12 weeks startup on the app (kind of like pre-reading the chapter in a textbook before attending the lecture, LOL). I am hoping to follow along and build my fine art portraiture business while at the same time study for my upcoming professional licensure exams. I don’t have space in my rental apartment to build a home studio (as my husband and I are both studying, I can’t have client-models and hair and makeup artists making noise either). I found a very inexpensive hourly rental studio with all the works (vflats, posing blocks, furniture, backdrops, lights, costumes, you name it!) super close by my apartment which I will be using. Lucky me, eh? Kudos to all of us for taking the leap!

6 Likes

Hi, how do we ask questions for sue to answer live?

During the live broadcast tomorrow, I think. A chat box will be up.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I have watched the 12 week videos here and there before, but I am so committed to follow through with each week during these next 12 weeks. I just launched my website and social media pages today because I’ve been stuck in this analysis paralysis and I decided I’ll just launch and keep improving with all of you along the way. I’m hoping to find some accountability partners in here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you. I will try and be on when Sue is Live.

1 Like

Hi Irene,
Congrats on launching today!! Would you mind sharing your website link (in your profile) and social media handles (if it’s allowed)? I would love to follow you on Instagram or Facebook.

3 Likes

Hello! Tanja from Suwanee, GA. I’m super excited for these 12 weeks! I know that at the end of this I will be ready this time.

2 Likes

Hello, yes of course! The social media is all the same handle, irenemorenoportrait. Right now I’m only doing IG, FB and Pinterest. I get an error message that I can’t post links on here, but it’s the same handle plus a .com.

3 Likes